Is your website attracting visitors? And, more importantly keeping them around until they become a customer? If you have any doubts about whether your site is not performing these two very basic fundamental tasks, then you need to fix up your failing website.
As a modern consumer ourselves, we know and understand that time is indeed of the essence and we want information, engagement and service not only available at our fingertips, but also to be instant without any lag time.
Most online consumers access sites from their laptops and mobile devices and usually do this on the go, so your website simply cannot afford to be falling behind on any good website points and you should check your site regularly to measure its performance.
There are many ways to fix up a failing website that just isn’t attracting visitors and failing to acquire more customers, so let’s take a closer look at ways to fix up a failing website – so your site is ready to go in no time!
To make sure that you’re up to ‘speed’ with your website’s performance it’s a good idea to complete a digital marketing course so that you can fully understand the intricacies of how websites perform and should be structured.
The importance of page speed
One of most important features of a website in today’s fast paced online world is undoubtedly the speed at which your website pages load. Delivering a fast loading page once a visitor has clicked on your site is one of the most important features of top performing site. With many websites failing to perform well – fixing the website load time should be one of your first priorities.
If you find certain image heavy pages on your website are taking longer to load, try to reduce the number of images on that particular page, especially if they are high resolution and their file sizes are big.
Most important points to fix
We all want to boost our brand online, increase recognition and gain more customers through our website, luckily there are many ways you can improve the performance of your site, but let’s start with a few easy steps to do this.
- Mobile friendly – Above all else, make sure your website is optimised for mobile access. More and more people are accessing the internet from the mobile devices; therefore, this is a necessity and should be done whenever your site is updated.
- Be secure conscious – Focus on internet security for your site. With many corporate organisations falling victim to hacking or data breaches, it’s important for your site to be fully secure, this can be done easily by incorporating secure sockets layer (SSL).
- Create numerous touch points – With internet users becoming more technological savvy and sophisticated it’s important to create multiple touchpoints when trying to secure new customers.
- Update content regularly – Although this seems obvious, oftentimes websites are not updated regularly, and visitors are treated to the same old boring information as before. It’s also good to edit existing information as you updated.
- Freshen up – Most visitors ultimately land on your homepage first before exploring your website further, so take advantage of this fact by freshening up your homepage often by changing images, adding new videos or creating new headlines,
- Create catchy headlines – Try to trigger an emotional reaction from all of the headlines on your website – this could be the difference from a visitor simply bouncing off your page or scrolling down to read more once they’re intrigued by your headline.
- Content is king – Make sure the content on your site is of the top quality, well written and above all else informative. Always expand on your content, add more content and delete tired and boring content.
- Calls to action – One way to increase the performance of your website is to add more calls to action. Never assume visitors will automatically look for your contact page, add call to action buttons wherever you can.
- Allow comments – Most website owners tend to shy away from adding a comments section, however, remember to add a comments section to the blogs you post on your site. Above all else, always reply to comments you receive here.
- Structure check – Make sure the basic structure of your website makes sense, is clean and easy to navigate.